Perfect Resize is a Photoshop plugin that lets you blowup pictures to sizes you couldn't attain normally. We're glad to see significant improvements in version 5, a real step up from the previous iteration.
Images can now be scaled up 1,000% thanks to a new algorithm, although you'll get excellent results at 500 or 600. We also see big improvements in the interface, which looks much sleeker and blends in particularly well to Photoshop CS6's look. The plugin works faster, 10 times as much claims the developer. You'll find significant upgrades in the tools and features of Perfect Resize like robust layer support, new sharpening and film grain. The plugin also adds built-in sharpening to improve scaled images. Most of the new features are a improvement, however we did feel that Perfect Resize did not handle semi-transparent areas and hard edges as well as we'd expect. The only real drawback of the plugin is its price though. At 143,95 Euros it's a really expensive investment to make just for a plugin. Version 7 of Perfect Resize is a significant upgrade with better scaling, more features and a sleeker interface.
- New scaling algorithm - We overhauled the patented scaling algorithm to now allow for over 1000% enlargements with no loss in detail
- Multi-processor Support - Optimized for multiple processors, including CPU hardware acceleration (SSE/AltiVec), up to 10x faster than the previous version
- Document Size Presets - Crop and resize your image in a single step
- Robust Layer Support - Supports Layers, Paths & Alpha Channels
- Texture Controls - Get that extra bit of detail out of your images
- Sharpening Controls - Save time by sharpening for output right in Perfect Resize
- Film Grain Controls - Add simulated Film Grain for and extra sharp look
- Photoshop Action Support - Record actions for multiple sizes, batch process an entire folder easily
- New User Interface - Make your image the star of the show, not just a bunch of dials
- Support for Photoshop CS6 - Universal Binary means fast native support for Intel processor powered Macintosh systems
- LAB Color Mode Support - Added Support for 8 & 16-bit LAB & Grayscale images
- "Show Me How" Tutorial Videos - New built-in videos so you get the most out of Perfect Resize
- Automatic Update Checking - Make sure you always have the latest version